planning and costs

I went with www.offroadvietnam.com . Few others on here and SBR have used them before. That was good enough for me.

They prepare rides “a la carte”, meaning they help you tailor your own ride, and they make it happen for you. Cost ranges from 199USD per day per person, to 115USD per day per person. If you want your own personal tour, its 199, if you get at least 6 people, its 115. Gas, bike, guide, hotel, and food are all provided at this cost. Drinks and wooden model ships are extra. ;) The trip I did was actually a “late available” ride. A group had decided to leave their ride open, so others can join it to max out the group size of 6 people and everyone can share the savings. I joined up REAL close to the trip date.

An, the owner/operator, has instructions on how to book. 500usd deposit sent Western Union, and the remaining balance in cash, when you get there. He also instructs you to travel very light, since you’ll be carrying everything on the back of your bike. If you want to stay longer and bring other things, you can, and your hotel will hold your stuff, but I dont like the idea of leaving expensive stuff in the hands of strangers. Im sure for extras like clothes, its fine.

Beyond that, a tourist visa from the Vietnamese embassy in SF, a renewed passport, and a master list of the items I would be bringing along with me. Bought some fancy pants technical underwear that can be handwashed and dries quickly. And a little reading material. Bought a Lonely Planet.

And now the wait. Even tho I booked late, it was 2 weeks away and the wait was excruciating.. I was really excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment