The itch.

Riding abroad was something I had always wanted to do, but never knew where to even begin. I’m one of those who could easily spend hours reading trip reports, and gaze forever at the photos. My questions were pretty typical for anyone who hasn’t been to that part of the world.. What’s it cost? How hard is it to get by without knowing the language? Will I get sick? What happens if I get into an accident? Will I survive through the chaotic traffic? And one general question that looms over me.. Is it safe. From the day I started my research to the day I came back home, I learned there’s nothing to fear.

I forget exactly what it was that made me get up and do it.. oh wait, now I remember. It was that pesky Vietnam Special from Top Gear. Saw it online, linked from BARF, even. I was sold. Yes, Im not special, I admit it. So thats what did it. Kind of an anti-climactic revelation eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment